Friday, January 13, 2012

Looks Can Be Deceiving Poetry Prompt


It's as if my entire yard had been flipped upside down
As if a leaf blower so powerful blew my house to pieces
My house is scattered like a puzzle
I sit on the grass, my only place and I stare
I stared at the nothingness
I feel like I live on the magical Land of Oz
And I dont have any magical red shoes to wake up from this nightmare
The sanctuary I once lived in is now gone
It's as if god took a giant hammer and smashed everything I have
If only there was a magical seed
A seed you could plant in the ground that created new houses
There would be one less problem in the world
There would be no homeless people on the streets
Begging for more, and more, and more...
But sometimes we have to face reality
And realize that what's gone is gone
And whats lost is lost
And my sanctuary of a house
Is now gone
And I am lost
Lost in the fact that everything is gone
I realize that god did not destroy my house
Niether did a giant leaf blower
Or a hammer
But a Disastrous and Destructive Tornado

No comments:

Post a Comment