Monday, April 16, 2012

Behind the Masterpieces



(Cafe Terrace At Night by Vincent Van Gogh)

This is my painting The Cafe Terrace At Night. What inspired me to paint this was this cafe in France. It's my favorite cafe in all of France and I think the colors and the livliness of it at night are just beautiful and amazing. To capture the presence of the cafe at night I drew the dark sky and stars and all of the streets of France with lights out. But I wanted the cafe to pop out when you see the painting so I made the cafe full of life and energy by using alot of bright colors. I wanted the name to be very simple and get my point across. I named my painting The Cafe Terrace At Night because that's exactly what it is. This is one of my well known pieces of art. It's known for its character and bright colors and how I show everything coming to life at the cafe at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment