Monday, October 3, 2011

Opinion Prompt 4 – You should avoid using plastic bags!

I agree with the prompt, "You should avoid using plastic bags" because it's bad for the environment. Have you ever driven on a highway or walked down the street and have seen a plastic bag flying through the air or just laying around? I have seen this situation many times before. I am a very eco friendly person and my family recycles and tries to avoid things that can be harmful to the environment. My parents buy special bags from Wal-Mart for grocery shopping and they use lunch boxes so they can avoid using paper or plastic bags. I agree with the statement because plastic bags are biodegradable. A biodegradable object is an object that causes degradation based on biological activity. Plastic bags not only make our environment bad but they affect animals. An animal can get wrapped in a plastic bag or get harmed by one. They sometimes mistaken plastic bags for food and they choke and die. I researched about plastic bags because I was interested in their other affects and I found out that they can spoil the landscape and ruin harvests and farming. It takes 1,000 years or more for a plastic bag to break down. For these reasons, I agree with the statement "You should avoid using plastic bags."

No comments:

Post a Comment