Thursday, September 22, 2011

Web Gallery Of Art




I chose a picture of stained glass. I chose this type of art because it reminds me of home. My parents love antiques and they love stained glass. In my house we have four stained glass windows. Most of them are of Jesus or refer to religious things or people. We also have a picture of wine and fruit above a bar in our basement. My parents started buying stained glass becasue of the light and colors it brings to our house. Stained glass is also in my grandma's house. Thats when my mom fell in love with the art. My grandma's house has two stained glass windows. One of them looks like the picture above (which is another reason why I picked this picture). The other is a picture of a buddah. The picture above shows scenes of the Old Testament and my grandma likes things like that. She likes it when stained glass tells a story or has a story behind it. I believe everything has a story behind it, especially art.


ARCIMBOLDO, GiuseppeScenes from the Old Testament (detail)
1549
Stained glass window
Cathedral, Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment